2013年3月9日星期六

The Reaction of “ Hunger Game“




In Suzanne Collins’ book named “The Hunger Games”, the background story was set in future North America, a country named “Panem” was founded ruined. There were twelve districts in the country and the key city named “capitol” is in the middle of those districts. Every year, twelve districts were forced to send boys and girls aged between 12 and 18 each year to go to the Hunger Games.This game is  a cruel and terrible contest, all those boys and girls must fight to the death, and the last survivor was the winner. The female protagonist Katniss came from District 12. She participated in the hunger games to replace her sister who was chosen at first. Survival was an instinct of 16-year-old Katniss, she always went hunting in the forest to feed her mother, sister and herself. She knew it might mean death to her if she replaced her sister to participate in the hunger games. Finally, she and the boy, Peeta, who came from the same area as hers survived in the end. They conquered the audience, so they both lived.
This book wrote a lot about Katniss’s mental activities. The author used quite a number of paragraphs to show how a 16-years-old girl won the race step by step. She reminded me of a motto in China, “if you do not experience wind and rain, how can you see the beautiful rainbow in the end”.

In our life, we will have difficult times. Sometimes, it may even let us to despair. For example, when I was in middle school, I was so over-weighted that I barely have any friends. At that time, I felt that my life was hopeless. However, my math teacher, who was an out-going women, encouraged me to talk with my classmates more often, let them know more about myself. Meanwhile, she also encourage me to exercise more, and told me how to become physically strong and healthy. Because of her encouragement, I was changed. I started to talk with my classmates and trained everyday. Now, I have become an outgoing person myself. This book has also taught us that when we have difficulties in our life, we should not avoid it. Instead, we should face it bravely, and try to figure out a possible solution. With faith, I believe that anything is possible.

没有评论:

发表评论